- This event has passed.
Spring Clean-Up 2017
April 24, 2017 - April 28, 2017
2017 RESIDENTIAL SPRING CLEAN-UP
SPRING CLEAN-UP WILL TAKE PLACE MONDAY, APRIL 24, 2017 TO FRIDAY, APRIL 28, 2017
The City of Selkirk Operations Department along with Progressive Waste Management Inc. will pick up non-hazardous waste providing it is placed at curbside, by 8:00 a.m., on the day of your regular garbage pick-up.
GARBAGE CANNOT BE PUT OUT PRIOR TO THE WEEKEND BEFORE COLLECTION.
- Please place all spring clean-up refuse at curbside on your regular garage pick-up day.
- Please keep tree branches, regular garbage and larger items separate from each other.
- Tress and branches must be bundled into 3 (three) foot lengths, each weighing less than 50 lbs.
- Tree trunks must face the street.
- Freon must be removed from fridges. These appliances must be tagged as such or they will not be picked up.
- Limit of 4 (four) tires per household.
- No Demontion waste – No construction waste.
• NO ELECTRONIC WASTE
Electronic Waste (e-waste/microwaves) can be taken to R.E.R. at 511 Robinson Avenue (Map). Call 482-2111 for hours and information
• NO HAZARDOUS WASTE
(includes paint, used oil, antifreeze, etc.)
Drop off used oil and antifreeze at the Eco-Centre located at the Waste Transfer Station, call 785-4921 for hours and information.
Any other hazardous waste, including used paint can be taken to R.E.R. at 511 Robinson Avenue, Monday to Friday 8 am – 5 pm
• NO EXCEPTIONS
Please Note: Any refuse or tree branches placed at curbside after your collection day will be picked up by the City of Selkirk and the homeowner will be charged for the pick up.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
For additional information, phone 785-4930
City of Selkirk, Operations Department