The Selkirk & District Community Youth Fund is a program that provides financial assistance for children and youth to participate in recreational activities.
The Youth Fund is sustained by contributions from individuals, community groups, participating municipalities and corporate sponsorship. Donations vary from year to year which may affect levels of financial assistance from intake to intake periods. Previous funding from the Youth Fund does not guarantee future assistance.
- Children between the ages of 5 – 17 years residing in the Lord Selkirk School Division No. 11 who qualify for financial assistance to participate in a recreational activity.
- Financial assistance is disbursed up to a maximum of $300.00 per intake period per applicant.
- Activity costs/fees relating to registrations and equipment are eligible.
- Applications are reviewed on a case by case basis.
- Priority for funding requests is given to applicants being introduced into a structured and grass-root level activity.
- Fill out the application form (copies are also available at the Culture, Recreation, Green Transportation office).
- Return the application form to:
Attention: Program Coordinator
Culture, Recreation, and Green Transportation
City of Selkirk
630 Sophia St.
Selkirk, MB R1A 2K1
Please ensure all requested documents are included.
For more information please contact 204-785-4952 or [email protected]