Once a year, usually in April or May, the City of Selkirk holds a residential spring clean-up where items not normally accepted for curb-side collection can be put out for collection on your regular garbage pick-up day.
The City of Selkirk Operations Department along with Waste Connections Inc. will pick up non-hazardous waste providing it is placed at curbside, by 8:00 a.m., on the day of your regular garbage pick-up.
Garbage cannot be put out prior to the weekend before collection.
Place all spring Clean-Up refuse at curbside on your regular garbage pick-up day.
Spring Clean-Up 2018 will take place from: Monday, May 7 to Friday, May 11th
Please keep tree branches, regular garbage and larger items separate from each other. trees and branches must be bundled into 3 foot lengths weighing less than 50 lbs. Tree trunks must face street.
Freon must be removed from fridges. these appliances must be tagged as such or they will not be picked up.
- limit of 4 tires per household
- no demolition waste – no construction waste
- no electronic waste
- Electronic Waste (e-waste/microwaves) can be taken to R.E.R. at 511 Robinson Avenue. Call 482-2111 for hours and information
- NO HAZARDOUS WASTE
- (includes paint, used oil, antifreeze, etc.)
- Drop off used oil and antifreeze at the Eco-Centre located at the Waste Transfer Station, call 204-785-4921 for hours and information
Any other hazardous waste, including used paint can be taken to R.E.R. at 511 Robinson during business hours.
- NO EXCEPTIONS
Please Note: Any refuse or tree branches placed at curbside after your collection day will be picked up by the City of Selkirk and the homeowner will be charged for the pick up.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
For additional information please call the Operations Department at 204-785-4930