Utility Billing Cycle
The City of Selkirk issues quarterly utility statements. Residents will receive a statement during the middle of January, April, July, and October. Utility bills are due by the middle of February, May, August, and November. See the Utility Billing Schedule below.
|City of Selkirk Utility Bills|
|Quarterly Usage||Bills Mailed||Bill Due|
|Quarter 1||Jan – Mar||Mid April||Mid May|
|Quarter 2||Apr – June||Mid July||Mid August|
|Quarter 3||July – Sept||Mid October||Mid November|
|Quarter 4||Oct – Dec||Mid January||Mid February|
Ways to pay your bill
With the City of Selkirk’s Pre-Authorized Utility Bill Payment Program, your financial institution will automatically withdraw your Utility Bill payments on the 5th of the month the bill is due.
You will still receive a Utility Bill in the mail for you records, there is no cost to register for this service.
How to apply:
- Fill out the application form.
- Write “VOID” across one of your personal cheques and include it with your application form
fill in your bank account information on the application form. You may want to confirm with your bank that all the necessary bank account information is included.
- Return the original signed completed application form, along with your voided cheque, to:
City of Selkirk
200 Eaton Avenue
Selkirk, MB R1A 0W6
You can change pre-authorized payments by providing us an updated application form.
- Please note we require up to 5 business days notice to make any changes.
- If the application form is incomplete, your account will not be enrolled in pre-authorized payments until the missing information is received.
For more information on the Pre-Authorized Utility Bill Payment Program submit a CitizenSupport Ticket (Category: Water Billing).
You can pay your utility bill at most banks or financial institutions through Internet banking, telephone banking, at an automatic teller or in person.
If paying your utility bill through telephone, Internet banking or at an automatic teller, please allow 4 business days before the due date to allow enough time for your financial institution to transfer the funds to the city. Please be sure to retain a copy of your receipt.
To register for internet or telephone banking:
- Sign on to your financial institution’s secure website
- Search in Payee Name for “Selkirk”. To see a listing of banks name for City of Selkirk, click here
- Bank of Montreal: SELKIRK, CITY OF, UTILITIES
- Cambrian Credit Union: SELKIRK (CITY): UTILITIES
- CIBC: SELKIRK (CITY OF) UTILITY
- Noventis Credit Union: SELKIRK WATER, CITY OF
- RBC: SELKIRK (CITY) – UTILITIES
- Scotiabank: SELKIRK (CITY) UTILITIES
- Sunova Credit Union: SELKIRK WATER, CITY OF
- TD: SELKIRK (CITY OF) UTILITIES
If you have sold a property and purchased another, or if you have moved in/out of a property, please be sure to correct your account information with your financial institution so that your payments will be applied to the correct account for your new property/new address within the City of Selkirk.
Please allow sufficient time for your payment to reach our office by the due date. Please record your Utility Account Number on the “Memo” line of your cheque. Also detach and include the payment stub at the bottom of your Utility Bill with your payment.
Mail the cheque or money order to:
City of Selkirk
200 Eaton Avenue
You can pay your utility bill in person at the Civic Office at 200 Eaton Ave. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. We accept cash, cheques and debit. A night deposit box is available for receiving utility bill payments during non-business hours.
If you have paid by cheque or pre-authorized payment and your bank returns your payment as NSF, stopped, account closed, or account frozen, your account will be subject to a $40 service charge. Unpaid utility charges are subject to penalty of 1.25% if not paid in full by the end of the month the bill was due.